“Because He lives I can face tomorrow!/
Because He lives all fear is gone/
Because I know, I know He holds the future/
And life is worth the living just because He lives!”
The hymn “Because He Lives,” written by Bill Gaither, reflects the Biblical promise of John 24:19, when Jesus said:
“…because I live, ye shall live also.”
“If Christ be not raised, your faith is in vain, ye are yet in your sins. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. …what doth it profit me if the dead rise not?
Let us eat and drink; for tomorrow we die.
(I Corinthians 15:14, 16, 19 & 29b
There are many infallible proofs given in the Bible for the Resurrection of Christ. This post provides links to some of the more commonly raised objections to the historicity of this life-giving event.
Ultimately, our hope is that the Christian’s faith will be strengthened and that those outside the faith might come to a saving knowledge of Christ Jesus through consideration of the evidences put forth and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
God bless you in your search for faith and truth:
- The Everlasting Gospel
- What Is the Gospel? What Must One Believe In Order To Be Saved?
- Zeus? Jesus? The Flying Spaghetti Monster? Why the Biblical Creator is the Only Rational Possibility
- The Crucifixion and the Issue of Blame
- The Last Enemy
- Defending Christ’s Existence
- Defending Christ’s Death
- Defending Christ’s Resurrection
- A Critique of the Archko Volume
- Is the Resurrection a Legendary or Mythical Element Added to the Real History of Christ?
Note: Much of the information contained in the articles Defending Christ’s Existence, Defending Christ’s Death and Defending Christ’s Resurrection is available in outline form in a PDF format at https://siriusknotts.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/resurrection.pdf.