No Evolutionist has yet intelligently answered my challenge. [Previously noted in the original post If Evolutionists Were Smart]
I’m not surprised.
My challenge was thus: If the evidence for evolution is so strong, why has Big Science left off evidence-based arguments in favor of:
- Using censorship to keep any criticism of evolutionism out of public school textbooks.
- Using deception, using slippery, shifting definitions to get across the Big Idea of evolution to indoctrinate school children.
- Using indoctrination, presenting children with a rosy view of evolutionism that ignores any of its problems and teaches it as established fact.
- Using endorsements, pointing to religious leaders who compromised Creationism with evolutionism, saying, “Look, if your preacher thinks evolution is OK, it must be true.”
- Using ridicule, ad hominem attacks and mockery of the other guy’s position without ever addressing his arguments.
- Using denialism, saying that the opposition simply isn’t science, but never address whether it is true.
- Using straw men of their opposition’s actual views, equating OEC with YEC and ID with Creationism in general. They counter and ridicule arguments that no one in the opposition’s camp uses.
- Using outrage, claiming we’re wasting their precious time with things that are obviously pseudoscience since they are not evolutionism. This strained protest reminds me of debaters who claim that there are sooo many errors on our side that are soooo easy to refute, but they don’t want to waste their time with something sooo obvious. Weak.
- Using a tight-fisted control of expressive venues, keeping the opposition voice to a fringe minimum, all the while conveniently accusing them of being a fringe minority. [The whole, “They’re not peer-reviewed!” objection, ignoring the fact that they keep dissent out of peer-reviewed journals.] Ask Sternberg what happens if you allow the opposition a chance to voice their position.
- Using extortion and intimidation, denying jobs, tenure, grants and visibility to those who show disloyalty to the Darwin Party.
- Using expertism and credentialism to try to cow the masses into just accepting their dictums without question, dissent or criticism. Because the rest of us are just too dumb to get it, right?
There has been quite a bit of moving the goalposts, but no one, not one, single solitary evolutionist has dared to explain to me why they use such tactics if their case is so ironclad. Certainly, no one tried to justify it.
They prefer instead to ignore it, to pretend it doesn’t exist, to walk around the dragon no matter how far out of the way they have to travel.
They dare not attempt to slay it. They know they will only get burned.
And this to me, and to every other rational mind, suggests that evolution is bunk.